Content of the material
- Recent Posts
- Citrus Flavor
- Folk remedies: how to quickly get rid of odors in the microwave
- How to remove lemon odor from the microwave
- How to remove unpleasant odors with vinegar
- Removing odor with baking soda
- With coffee and spices
- Removing unpleasant odors from the microwave with toothpaste
- Berries Steaming Method
- Ways to Clean Your Microwave
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Vinegar and Lemon
- Dish Soap
- Most Popular Articles
- How Do You Clean a Dirty Headset Mic?
- How to Get Urine Smell Out of Clothes?
- How do you get the smell out of a car seat cover?
- How to remove gas smell in car?
- How to Get Dirt Out of a Microphone! +7 Odor Quick Tricks
This one is more time consuming but it surely leaves better results.
- Slice a lemon in half. Place the sliced lemon (and the extract) into a bowl filled with 1/ cup water.
- Microwave it for 5 minutes. This would diffuse the smell of citrus as water evaporates.
- Leave the bowl in the microwave for 12 hours with the door tightly closed.
- If you don’t have the luxury of time, just leave your citrus solution for half an hour. This is usually enough to remove most of the sticking smell.
We hope these DIY techniques for removing fishy odor from the microwave will help you get it back into shape. It’s also essential to develop a cleaning schedule for your microwave. Regular cleaning keeps away odor even before it smells.
Have a great day!
Folk remedies: how to quickly get rid of odors in the microwave
Consider more environmentally friendly, simple and quite effective ways to quickly remove unpleasant “flavors” of burning, burnt popcorn, plastic and others.
How to remove lemon odor from the microwave
Citrus fruit perfectly removes unpleasant aromas from the microwave oven of any origin, including burning. You can buy the fruit in any store, so this option is suitable for any person, regardless of financial situation.
- First of all, kitchen appliances need to be wiped with a foam rubber sponge with plain water, removing dried food debris.
- Rinse the lemon fruit and cut into slices. Put it in a glass container, pour in 250 ml of plain water.
- We carefully put the container with the contents in the microwave. We set the maximum power and turn it on. After boiling the water, let the lemon mixture stand for 7 minutes.
- We turn off the oven, carefully take out the vessel. We do not make sudden movements, otherwise you can burn yourself with hot steam.
- Replace the water and citrus fruit. Repeat the procedure one more time.
- Then rinse with plain water and a sponge, open and dry.
As a substitute, it is allowed to use citric acid (2 tsp. l.), after diluting it in 100 ml of liquid.
Advice! Even a simple orange peel can eliminate unpleasant odors and keep the oven clean. It is enough to dry it slightly or make a steam bath in an electric appliance.
Lemon in combination with acetic acid will help eliminate the pungent smell of burning or plastic:
- Pour 1 tsp into a container. l. essences and add 1/2 crushed lemon fruit.
- Fill with hot water and place in the appliance. Warm up at maximum power for 5 minutes and leave to cool.
- Wipe the oven with a warm solution, wait until it is completely dry and rinse with plain water.
- Leave the oven open for 6-8 hours.
The presence of active ingredients and essential oils of lemon allows you to eliminate the aromas formed inside the kitchen assistant.
How to remove unpleasant odors with vinegar
The acid helps to quickly clean the inner surface of the oven from dirt and unpleasant odors, and also has a disinfecting property.
Important! This cleaning method should not be used often if the microwave is covered with enamel.
- vinegar essence – 1 tsp l .;
- warm water – 0.5 l.
Combine the two ingredients, stir. Dip a sponge into the resulting acidic solution and wipe the inside of the microwave oven. After 3 minutes, rinse thoroughly with plain water. The prepared solution can also be used for the steam method. The holding time should not exceed 4-5 minutes.
Advice! You can replace the harsh vinegar essence by using fruit acid.
Removing odor with baking soda
Baking soda or baking powder is beneficial when cleaning the surface of an electrical appliance.
- soda – 1/2 tbsp. l .;
- water – 1/4 cup.
Mix the ingredients in a deep bowl until completely dissolved. Moisten a clean rag in the resulting mixture and process the oven without rinsing. After 60 minutes, prepare a new composition and repeat the procedure. Then rinse with warm water and leave to dry completely.
As a substitute for baking powder, you can use pharmacy coal. To do this, turn 1 pack of tablets into powder and pour into a saucer. Place in a closed chamber for 6-8 hours.
With coffee and spices
The aroma of coffee interrupts the foreign odors formed in the chamber of the electrical appliance. For this purpose, the product is recommended to use natural or ground from grains, but not freeze-dried.
- coffee – 2 tsp l .;
- warm water – 100 ml.
Mix in a separate bowl. In the resulting solution, moisten a cloth and wipe the surface of the chamber. Close and leave in this form for 2 hours. Rinse in the usual way.
The second equally effective option is to pour the crushed coffee powder onto a flat plate, put it in the oven for 1-2 days. This method is more suitable for preventing the appearance of unpleasant odors.
The result from aromatic herbs and spicy spices will be in the event that you choose the following types:
- lemon balm;
Pour warm water into a deep plate, put chopped grass. Put it in the chamber, having previously built the maximum power. Heating is carried out for 20 minutes, left in a microwave oven until it cools completely. Then they are washed in the usual way.
Removing unpleasant odors from the microwave with toothpaste
Everyone has toothpaste. Probably, no one even knew about any other application, except for oral hygiene. How to Get Rid of Microwave Odor Using Toothpaste? You can learn more from the video:
Berries Steaming Method
How It Works
Another fruity cleaner is berries. Berries have a sweet and flavorful aroma. Microwaving it can burst all of its natural scents leaving your microwave and kitchen smelling sweet and tangy. Berries have antimicrobial properties similar to lemons.
Berries are distinct from other foods because of their unique compounds with bioprotective effects and antimicrobial/prebiotic properties.
Preparation time: 3-10 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 1 microwavable bowl
- ½ cup of berries
- ½ cup of water
After preparing the mixtures, you’ll need to:
- Pour ½ cup of water in the bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon peel
- Place it in a microwave
- Set the timer for 2-3 minutes
- Wait for about 3-5 minutes to it cool down
- Remove the bowl
- Scrub the interior using a wet sponge
Ways to Clean Your Microwave
Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar is an effective way to cut through old buildup inside your microwave. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill a Bowl. Combine equal amounts of water and apple cider vinegar in a microwave-safe bowl. Avoid filling it all the way to prevent any accidental spills.
- Heat. Set the microwave to a high heat and heat the vinegar solution for four minutes. As it heats, the steam will help to loosen the buildup within your microwave.
- Wipe. When the time is up, remove the bowl carefully in case it’s hot. Take a damp cloth and wipe the entire inside of the microwave. Make sure you get into the corners, top and underneath the turntable.
If you’re noticing an unpleasant odor in your microwave, it’s time to deodorize. But how? We prefer to use baking soda since it effectively absorbs odors and creates a neutral environment. Here’s how to use it:
- Create a Mixture. Start by mixing three tablespoons of baking soda with a cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix it well to combine.
- Turn Up the Heat. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for three minutes. As the baking soda heats, it will effectively loosen buildup and other splatters inside the microwave. It will also absorb bad odors, so you can enjoy a clean-smelling microwave.
- Wipe Clean. Remove the bowl carefully so you don’t burn yourself. Then use a damp cloth to wipe the inside of the microwave. Take the turntable out and give it a good wipe as well as underneath it.
Vinegar and Lemon
Vinegar is one of the most popular natural cleaning products you can find — it’s also one of our favorites. What you may not know about vinegar is that it also neutralizes odors and disinfects. It’s the perfect solution for a microwave. Here’s how to use it:
- Make a Solution. Mix one cup of vinegar, one cup of water and two tablespoons of lemon juice in a microwave-safe bowl. The lemon juice will provide additional grease-cutting power while toning down the strong scent of the vinegar.
- Wipe the Exterior. Use a small amount of the solution on a cloth to wipe down the exterior of the microwave, especially the handle. The vinegar and lemon will disinfect and remove any greasy marks on the outside of the appliance.
- Heat. Place the bowl in the middle of your microwave and heat for two minutes. The vinegar will release steam and quickly loosen buildup and kill bacteria.
- Remove. Take the bowl out of the microwave taking care not to burn yourself. Next, use a damp cloth to wipe the inside of the microwave. Then, remove the turntable to wipe underneath and around it.
Dish soap is something we all have in our homes. It’s easy to use and can add a fresh scent to your microwave. Here’s how to clean your microwave using dish soap:
- Fill a Bowl. In a microwave-safe bowl, add two cups of warm water and one tablespoon of dish soap. Give it a good mix to incorporate.
- Heat in Microwave. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for two minutes. If the water isn’t steaming, give it another minute or two.
- Wipe to Clean. Remove the bowl carefully from the microwave and wipe the inside with a damp cloth. Pay close attention to the corners and underneath the turntable.
Steam is a natural and effective way to clean and sanitize your microwave. For this method, all you need is warm water. Here’s how to do it:
- Fill a Bowl. Add two cups of warm water to a microwave-safe bowl. Make sure the water is on the warmer side, this will help to create steam quicker.
- Create Steam. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat for two to four minutes. Check to see if the water is steaming. Once it’s steaming, close the microwave and allow the bowl to sit for a couple of minutes. Because we’re only using water, it needs to sit for a little while to really work its magic.
- Remove and Clean After carefully removing the bowl from the microwave, take a damp cloth and wipe the inside. Remove the turntable as well to clean thoroughly underneath.
Lemon works effectively at cutting through greasy spills within a microwave. It’s also super easy to do and you’re likely to have everything you need right in your kitchen. Here’s how to clean microwaves with lemon:
- Add Water. Add one cup of warm water to a microwave-safe bowl. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the bowl. Add both halves of the lemon to the water.
- Heat. Put the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for three minutes. Once it’s done, leave the bowl in the closed microwave for five minutes. This will give it a little extra time to work, giving you a better result.
- Clean. Take the bowl out of the microwave and use a damp cloth to wipe the inside. Remove the turntable as well and give it a thorough wipe.
Most Popular Articles
23 Tips to Stay Cool Without Air Conditoning