Content of the material
- Can I Hyperlink on Gmail App?
- How to create a hyperlink in your Gmail signature
- : Is it the right “CRM” for you?
- Add Text Hyperlink in Gmail Signature:
- How to Hyperlink an Image
- 4. Paste the link to the space provided
- Benefits of creating hyperlinks
- How to Include a Hyperlink in Your Gmail Signature (Guide with Pictures)
- Recent Posts
- Top Posts Pages
Can I Hyperlink on Gmail App?
Hyperlinks are a simple method to include a clickable link in a piece of text without having to display the entire URL. While it is undeniable that hyperlinks are one of the most useful features, unfortunately, hyperlinking is not currently supported in the Gmail app.
To create a hyperlink in Gmail, you must first open it in a browser, preferably on a computer or laptop.
How to create a hyperlink in your Gmail signature
The tips we’ve given so far apply only to adding text or image hyperlinks to Gmail messages. But what about adding hyperlinks to your Gmail signature?
Your signature appears in every email you send, making it the perfect place to add links to your website, social media pages, or even a top piece of content you really want to show off. You can do this with both text and image hyperlinks.
Both begin the same way––by opening your signature settings in Gmail.
To find them, log in to the Gmail web app. On the home dashboard, select the gear icon in the upper right hand corner:
: Is it the right “CRM” for you?
Monday.com is best known as a project management tool, but it has some light CRM capabilities. 5 questions to ask before choosing it as your "CRM."
Add Text Hyperlink in Gmail Signature:
- Sign in to Gmail from a desktop browser.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Under the “General” section, scroll down and locate “Signature.” The editing box to the right of Signature allows you to type up and customize your signature.
- Add your signature text.
- Highlight the part of the text you’d like to be clickable, i.e., the anchor text.
- Select the “insert link” icon at the top formatting bar. The Edit Link dialog box should appear.
- Fill in the Text to display box and provide the Web address you want to link to. Don’t forget to test if the link works.
How to Hyperlink an Image
To hyperlink an image in Gmail, simply highlight the image the same way you would text and then click the
Insert link icon at the bottom of the email. Here’s how, step-by-step:
- Open Gmail and sign into your account.
- Click the
Composebutton in the upper left corner to create a new email. You can also reply to any email in your inbox.
- Click the
Insert photoicon to the right of
Sendand select an image to insert. You can also drag and drop an image from your computer.
- Highlight the image in the same way you would highlight text and click the
Insert linkicon to the right of the Send button.
- Click the image and then click
Changein the tool bar that appears underneath it.
- Type or paste the URL you want to hyperlink to in the URL box and the click
- The image you highlighted earlier should now be hyperlinked to the URL you provided above.
4. Paste the link to the space provided
Make sure to copy the link of the specific website you’re planning to attach to the text and paste it on the space provided in Gmail.
Adding text and image hyperlinks in the Gmail message body is an excellent way to promote your products, website, social media pages, or more. Without cluttering your message with long strings of symbols and letters, you can use a well-formatted link to get your message across.
If you found this post helpful, please use one of the share buttons to tell friends on social media. Have any thoughts on making hyperlinks in Gmail? Drop them as comments below.
Related Article: How To Stay Signed In To Gmail
Benefits of creating hyperlinks
Hyperlinks are helpful because they provide recipients of emails with an easy way to view important links. They also provide employees with an organized approach to sending links as opposed to pasting an entire URL into an email. This is especially beneficial when you want to share multiple links in one email, as hyperlinks can make a message shorter and more concise. If you use a hyperlink, a recipient can also simply click on the link instead of manually copying and pasting the URL into a new tab.
How to Include a Hyperlink in Your Gmail Signature (Guide with Pictures)
The steps in this article were performed in Google Chrome, but will work in other Web browsers as well. Note that this signature will only be included in emails that you send from a browser. this signature will not be added to emails that you send from a third-party application, such as your phone’s Mail app, or Microsoft Outlook.
- How to Remove the Share Button from Your Facebook Posts
- How to See Posts you’ve Liked on Facebook
- How to See What Your Friends Like on Facebook
- How to Search for PDF Files on Google
- How to Unarchive Emails in Gmail
Top Posts Pages
- What Does Hide Alerts Mean for a Text Message on My iPhone?
- How to Hide Twitch Chat in the iPhone App
- How to Merge Multiple CSV Files and Combine Them Into One Large CSV File
- How Can I See Who I am Sharing My Location With on an iPhone 11?
- How to Add Last Name and Page Number in Word