Content of the material
- How to back up between Android and iPhone
- Why is a WhatsApp backup useful?
- Google Drive: sync folders automatically
- ON BUSINESS STANDARD DIGITAL
- Part 3. Read WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive on iPhone
- Can I backup WhatsApp data to Google Drive?
- How to Backup WhatsApp on Google Drive
- NOTE :
- Part 1. Is it Possible to Read WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive Directly?
- Bonus Tip: Restore WhatsApp Data from Google Drive to iPhone Directly
- How to restore WhatsApp chats from a Google Drive backup
- In the end
How to back up between Android and iPhone
If you’re planning on switching from Android to iPhone and want to take your WhatsApp messages with you, you’re kind of out of luck.
When you back up WhatsApp on your Android phone, you back up to Google Drive. The Android WhatsApp app uses Google Drive to back up and restore. The iOS app uses iCloud to do both of those.
Even if you have the iOS Google Drive app, you still won’t be able to restore your Android WhatsApp files this way. This is because the iOS WhatsApp will only communicate with iCloud. That said, you could use some third-party apps, though we haven’t vetted them and wouldn’t trust them with our private data.
Why is a WhatsApp backup useful?
WhatsApp contains not only personal data, but many important contacts. Sudden loss of data can be annoying. Restoring it, if at all possible, is very time-consuming if chat histories, contacts and stored media were not backed up. You can prevent this with a WhatsApp backup via Google Drive. This way, you can easily restore your data when reinstalling WhatsApp. A WhatsApp backup ensures that in the event of sudden smartphone loss, hardware failure, a malware attack, or swapping to a new device, important WhatsApp data is not only backed up in the app or on the smartphone, but also in the Google cloud.
Google Drive: sync folders automatically
With Google Drive, you can store data in the cloud and access it regardless of the device you’re using. The Google Drive for desktop tool lets you upload files to the cloud from any device and sync local changes made to files. By synchronizing Google Drive with your PC, your cloud backup is always up to date.
ON BUSINESS STANDARD DIGITAL
- Unlimited access to all the content on any device through browser or app.
- Exclusive content, features, opinions and comment – hand-picked by our editors, just for you.
- Pick 5 of your favourite companies. Get a daily email with all the news updates on them.
- Track the industry of your choice with a daily newsletter specific to that industry.
- Stay on top of your investments. Track stock prices in your portfolio.
- 18 years of archival data.
Part 3. Read WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive on iPhone
To read WhatsApp Google Drive backup on your iPhone, you must first restore the backup to the Android device then transfer the chats to the iPhone. To transfer the chats from the Android device to the iPhone, we recommend using Mobitrix WhatsApp Transfer. This third-party tool is one of the best WhatsApp management tools in the business, allowing users to easily transfer WhatsApp chats from one device to another.free download free download free download
To use Mobitrix for WhatsApp to read WhatsApp Google Drive backup on your iPhone, follow these simple steps;
- First begin by restoring the WhatsApp backup to the Android device using the steps outlined in Part 2 above.
- Now install Mobitrix to your computer and then launch it.
- Click on “Transfer WhatsApp between Devices” then connect both the Android device then iPhone to the computer using USB cables. Wait for the program to detect the devices, but keep in mind that you may have to allow USB debugging on the Android device for the program to detect the device.
- Once the devices are connected, click on “Transfer” and Mobitrix will begin transferring the WhatsApp data from the Android device to the iPhone.
Keep both devices connected until the program notifies you that the process is complete.
The following are just some of the features that make Mobitrix for WhatsApp the best solution:
- With Mobitrix for WhatsApp, you can easily transfer WhatsApp between iOS and Android devices easily and quickly.
- You can also use it to create a complete backup of all the data on your device to your computer.
- It is also useful when you want to restore the same backup back to your iOS or Android devices.
- It supports all iOS devices and all Android devices as well as all versions of the iOS firmware and all versions of Android OS.
- It is also 100% safe to use and will not affect the data on the device or cause data loss on the device or cloud services.
Can I backup WhatsApp data to Google Drive?
“I buy a new phone recently and I want to backup WhatsApp data to Google Drive from my old phone so that I can restore the Whatsapp data from Google Drive to the new phone. Can I do that and how to back up WhatsApp to Google Drive? I would appreciate any help.”
How to Backup WhatsApp on Google Drive
With the preparation complete, it is time to get down to the business of creating a backup of WhatsApp data to the Google Drive. These simple steps will help you easily create the all-important backup.
- Open WhatsApp on your device and then tap settings
- Tap on “Chats” and the select “Chat Backup.”
- Click on “Google Drive” and then choose the frequency you want to back up WhatsApp messages.
- The monthly duration product is an auto renewal based product. Once subscribed, subject to your card issuer’s permission we will charge your card/ payment instrument each month automatically and renew your subscription.
- In the Annual duration product we offer both an auto renewal based product and a non auto renewal based product.
- We do not Refund.
- No Questions asked Cancellation Policy.
- You can cancel future renewals anytime including immediately upon subscribing but 48 hours before your next renewal date.
- Subject to the above, self cancel by visiting the “Manage My Account“ section after signing in OR Send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address and by quoting your mobile number.
Part 1. Is it Possible to Read WhatsApp Backup on Google Drive Directly?
It is important to note that the WhatsApp backup you have in your Google Drive is end-to-end encrypted. This means that even though it may be very easy to take a backup, you may not be able to read it on your PC or any other third-party app. The only way therefore to access the backup is via WhatsApp on your device and by simply restoring the chats to the same account.
Bonus Tip: Restore WhatsApp Data from Google Drive to iPhone Directly
Above are the ways to backup iPhone WhatsApp data to Google Drive, and you definitely need a way to retrieve them back from Google Drive to iPhone. Here is an ultimate way to restore WhatsApp chats & media from Google Drive to iPhone directly, yes, directly, you don’t need an Android for help, all you need is iTransor for WhatsApp to achieve this!
Step 1. First, you need to import Google Drive backups to iTransor. Now go to ‘Restore/Export WhatsApp Backup‘ module and choose ‘Import Google Drive Backups‘ to get WhatsApp backups from Google Drive.
Step 2. Sign in to your Google account, and all your WhatsApp backups will list on screen.
Click on the ‘Download‘ icon of each backup to get the WhatsApp backup you want from Google Drive.
Step 3. To restore WhatsApp backups on iPhone/Android or export to computer, you will need an analysis process. Enter the phone number which is corresponding to the one you’ve entered to Google account.
A verify code will send to your phone, enter it in iTransor.
Step 4. Wait for the analysis process done and you will see the Google Drive backup list on screen.
Step 5. And now, you can view, export, and restore Google Drive WhatsApp backups to iPhone. (Tips: You need to purchase the full version to make operations on downloaded backups. )
How to restore WhatsApp chats from a Google Drive backup
Everything’s backed up. Great! You’ve changed phones or have had to reinstall WhatsApp. Not so great. Now how do you get all your chats back? Here’s how!
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap Agree and continue.
- Enter your phone number to verify it.
- Tap Next.
- Tap OK.Source: Android Central
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Restore.
- Enter your name.
- Tap Next.Source: Android Central
Now you can access your WhatsApp chats on any Android phone that has WhatsApp installed. All you have to do is sign in. So if you want to move your WhatsApp data from one phone to another, follow the above steps.
In the end
You can find that backing up WhatsApp to Google Drive is a really easy job for Android users. For iOS users, we still introduced a workaround in the article. If you want to restore the backups from Google Drive, you can find the solution in the article too. Last but not least, don’t forget to expand your backup space for free with CBackup, the professional and comprehensive cloud backup service.