Content of the material
- How to Control YouTube on PC from Phone in 2021?
- 1. Microsoft Store
- 2. Control Your Phone Youtube on PC by Scrcpy
- Follow these steps to set up Scrcpy on your PC and phone:
- 4. Control Your Phone Youtube on PC by AirDroid Cast
- 5. Cast Your Phone Youtube to PC through Bluestacks
- 6. Cast Your Phone Youtube to PC through KOPlayer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get back to the mobile site?
- If I play a video in a new window, it reverts to the mobile site. What can I do?
- View Any Desktop Website from Your Android Phone
- Copyright Notice
- 2. Unified Remote
- How Will You Remotely Control YouTube?
How to Control YouTube on PC from Phone in 2021?
1. Microsoft Store
If your PC has Windows as its operating system, the screencasting experience becomes super easy for you. It is because Microsoft Store has its proprietary app called “Your Phone” for YouTube casters. This app lets you connect your Android phone to a PC via a wireless connection.
Your Phone app needs to be installed on your phone as well. It is available on the Play Store. Once both of your devices are connected, you can cast YouTube on PC from your phone.
However, this app is not going to work for you if you are an iPhone user. To screencast YouTube from iOS, you need to install the EasyCast app from Microsoft Store.
2. Control Your Phone Youtube on PC by Scrcpy
Scrcpy is another free app that lets you control YouTube on PC from your Android phone. You can connect both devices via WiFi or USB. This app is compatible with not only Windows but also macOS and GNU. Plus, you do not need root access to use it.
Follow these steps to set up Scrcpy on your PC and phone:
- Download and install the latest version of Scrcpy.
- Connect your PC and phone to the same WiFi network.
- You also need to connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Locate your IP address on the phone from Settings > About Phone > Status.
- Enable adb (Android Debugging Tool) by adding command: adb tcpip 5555
- Then run the following command: adb connect IP_DEVICE: 5555 (type your IP address instead of IP_DEVICE).
- Unplug your phone.
4. Control Your Phone Youtube on PC by AirDroid Cast
The previous two applications work for Android phones only. For iOS users, AirDroid Cast is the ideal app to control PC YouTube from the phone. It is a powerful tool that works on both Windows and Mac computers.
This application is the easiest one to set up on your phone. Follow these simple steps to cast YouTube from your phone to PC.
- Download the updated version of the AirDroid Cast app on your PC.
- Install the same app on your mobile phone.
- Run the application and create your personal account using the Sign-Up button.
- Go to the My Devices option and copy the Web IP address.
- You can run AirDroid Cast on your PC by either logging into your personal account or pasting this Web IP address on your computer’s browser.
- Tap on the ‘Mirroring’ icon to play your phone screen on your PC.
5. Cast Your Phone Youtube to PC through Bluestacks
With a well-optimized Android emulator, you can easily download the YouTube app on your computer. Here are the two most reliable Android emulators for this purpose.
Bluestacks is the safest and the most popular Android emulator in the world. It lets you download Android applications on your PC which are not available on your official application store.
Here is how you can download the YouTube app using this emulator.
- Download the latest version of the Bluestacks 5 emulator.
- A .exe file will get downloaded on your PC. The next step is to install it.
- Once the .exe file is installed, sign in using your Google Account.
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search “YouTube” and download it.
- This app will get installed automatically on your desktop.
- Open the YouTube app and sign in again with your Google Account.
6. Cast Your Phone Youtube to PC through KOPlayer
KOPlayer is another rich-feature Android emulator that lets you download the official YouTube app on your desktop. With this emulator, you can enjoy a lag-free experience of YouTube on your PC.
So if you want to install YouTube with this player, follow these steps.
- Download KOPlayer for Windows or macOS from here.
- Once the download is complete, run the installed file.
- Go to Setup language and click OK.
- Tick the box to accept terms and conditions and then click NEXT.
- Click on “Browse” to change the partition and then click NEXT.
- Once installed, a pop-up window will come up with a “Finish button”. Click on it.
- Open Google Play Store and download the YouTube app.
Frequently Asked Questions
As you can see, using the desktop version of YouTube on a mobile device is relatively straightforward with a few extra steps.
How do I get back to the mobile site?
If you need to view the mobile version of YouTube, you can. Tap on the menu icon as we did above and uncheck the desktop option. Some browsers may have the option to request the mobile site. Either way, your page should automatically refresh, showing you the mobile version again.
If I play a video in a new window, it reverts to the mobile site. What can I do?
One common issue with the desktop version of websites on a mobile device is that they’re designed to run the mobile version. This means that the mobile version is displayed whenever you open a new web page. Fortunately, all you need to do is click on the desktop option, as we’ve done above.
View Any Desktop Website from Your Android Phone
The above process will work with any website you choose to visit. You can also make the same selection with other mobile browsers.
In Firefox, you select the menu and then Request desktop site.
In Opera, access the menu, Settings, and User-Agent and switch from Mobile to Desktop.
If you use a different browser, chances are it will have the same kind of option because most of them are based on Chromium; they will likely be similar to Chrome.
Copyright NoticeUnauthorized use and/or duplication of our material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and diaryofdennis.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. ©diaryofdennis.com, 2011-2022.
2. Unified Remote
Unified Remote is the most popular Android app to remotely control PC. With Unified Remote, you can control everything on PC. But, focusing hear on YouTube. You get special remote for YouTube (Web). This remote is only available in the Full version of Unified remote, which you need to buy. It has got all basic inputs and of course, you can control it via cursor if you don’t want to buy.
Press the play button in the toolbar at the bottom. It will directly open youtube.com in your browser.
How Will You Remotely Control YouTube?
I’m a geek that likes to remotely control things. I’d use the first way. Let us know in our forum which method would be the best for you. Also, are there any other methods or hacks you might have used? We’d like to hear.