Content of the material
About the Author
Filipe Espósito @filipeesposito Filipe Espósito is a Brazilian tech Journalist who started covering Apple news on iHelp BR with some exclusive scoops — including the reveal of the new Apple Watch Series 5 models in titanium and ceramic. He joined 9to5Mac to share even more tech news around the world.
Part 2. How to Fix iPhone Green Screen?
Here are a few solutions capable of fixing iPhone screen green tint. All the solutions are listed below, along with associated steps.
- Fix 1. Force Restart Your iPhone
- Fix 2. Manage Display Settings On iPhone
- Fix 3. Reset All Settings on Your iPhone
- Fix 4. Update to the latest iOS to Fix iPhone 12 Green Screen
Fix 1. Force Restart Your iPhone
First, we recommend a force restart to fix iPhone green screen. This is a pretty general and easy fix, but can fix several minor issues with the device.
So, it is worth checking out. Now, the force restart method on the iPhones is a bit different. The older models are equipped for a certain button combination, but the newer ones aren’t. So, we have listed all the variations below.
- For iPhone 8 and Newer: The next-generation iPhones use completely different button combinations. Tap the Volume Up button and then tap the Volume down button. Now, hold the Power button until the Apple logo is visible on the screen.
For iPhone 7/7Plus: You have to hold the Power with the Volume Down button. Hold for 10 seconds and release when the Apple logo is displayed.
- For iPhone 6S/6S Plus/SE: Hold the Power and Home buttons together. Release buttons as soon as Apple logo is visible.
Fix 2. Manage Display Settings On iPhone
If force restart didn’t work, then you should work on display management to fix green tint on iPhone screen. Display management is not a single steps procedure; there are a few things you can do and figure which one works for your iPhone. All of them are detailed below. Check them out.
1. Enable Auto-brightness feature
First, we will be enabling the auto-brightness feature.
- Tap on ‘General’ under ‘Settings’.
- Then, go to ‘Accessibility’.
You will find the ‘Display Accommodations’ option there. Use it to enable auto-brightness.
2. Enable True Tone
- Go to the ‘Settings’ on your iPhone.
- Tap on ‘Display & Brightness’.
Lastly, tap on ‘Tone’ and enable True Tone.
3. Set short auto-lock time
- Tap on ‘Display & Brightness’ under ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Auto-Lock’ and set a short auto-lock time.
4. Enabling Automatic Brightness Control
- Tap on ‘General’ under ‘Settings’.
- Then, go to ‘Display & Brightness’.
- You will find the ‘Automatic’ option there. Enable the Automatic brightness control feature here.
Fix 3. Reset All Settings on Your iPhone
If display management wasn’t successful and you are still troubled by iPhone X green screen, then reset all settings on your iPhone. If you reset all the settings on your iPhone, things you will get difficult for you, for sure. But that is only for a limited time. The upside is that this reset may fix the green tint on your iPhone display. Let’s check out the steps.
- Open ‘Settings’ on your iPhone and tap on ‘General’.
- Tap on ‘Reset’.
Locate ‘Reset All Settings’ option under ‘Reset’.
All your customized settings will be gone for sure within a few minutes. After that, reboot the iPhone and check if the green screen has disappeared on not.
Fix 4. Update to the latest iOS to Fix iPhone 12 Green Screen
‘How do I fix the green screen on my iPhone X?’ Apple says that it is aware of customer reports related to this issue and is investigating. And it is trying to fix the green screen issue on iPhone 12/11/11 Pro/X in iOS 14.6. This guidance suggests that Apple may be confident that it can fix iPhone 12 green screen issue in a software update.
It is not clear that whether the issue is related to the iOS system but you can try to update iOS see if Apple’s new iOS update will solve this bug or not.
- How to Bypass iPhone Grey Screen
- 7 Solutions to Fix iPhone Red Screen
- Blue Line on iPhone Screen
- Fix iPhone White Screen of Death